Monday, December 7, 2009

Vinny's 1st Birthdays / MRI Day - 12/7/09




Today is Vinny's 1st Birthday. I can't believe it has been a year. I think back to how I thought life will be much easier with him once he is a year old. I expected that he would be sitting & crawling and possibly walking. I looked forward to watching him and Jake play together.

That however is not the case. Vinny does not fully sit on his own, crawl and much less walk. Despite these issues he always has a smile on his face and has the best laugh in the world. I LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!! Happy Birthday Vinny!!!!

Today is also Vinny's MRI day. Tony and I are taking him to his appointment this afternoon. We hope to hear some positive news after the results are in, but have prepared for the worst.

We brought Vinny into the MRI department. They administered a bad tasting oral sedation. Tony and I sat with Vinny in the MRI room as I rocked him to sleep. He was out with in 15min. I laid him on the MRI table and watched as they strapped him in so that he did not move. He was a little restless at first. I couldn't however not get over how cute he looked so peaceful and at ease. He was dressed in perwinkle colored pants and a child sized hospital gown.

The nurse then taped on a breathing tube of some sort to his nose to monitor his breathing during the MRI. As Tony and I walked out of the room, I couln't help but cry. My baby was laying on that table!!! I felt so helpless for him.

After he was finished with his MRI I held his little limp (from sedation) body so close. He was sooo cute. He was still groggy and tried to talk which was kindof funny :) It was the most relaxed I have ever seen him.

Now we wait for the results with our fingers crossed and prayers sent.

Happy Birthday Vinny!!!...Mamma hopes next year will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment