Monday, December 14, 2009

Is this the beginning of it all.....

Today Vinny is going to go and see Dr. Bradley regarding some feeding issues. The past few days Vinny has been taking bottles okay, but has not been taking solids well. He cries in pain everytime we give him a spoonful of food. Dr. Bradley wants to be sure he does not have a stomach infection. I'm really worried that this is going to be a reacurring issue. What if he needs a feeding tube of sorts? God, my mind is just spinning with what ifs.

The past week Vinny was constipated too. I read that this can also be a side effect. This worries me too. I feel that now that we know he has HPE; things are going to get worse.

Yesterday I was looking at some of the kids on the internet that have different severity's of HPE. It made me so sad to know that my child too could possibly end up in a wheel chair, having a feeding tube, etc. But the one thing I noticed about all these children, is that they all had been described as being able to light up the room with their smiles. And many of the parents consider themselves blessed to have such a special child in their lives.

Vinny does that too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment