Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dr. Simms' Diagnosis - 12/10/09

Semilobar Holoprosencephaly!!! This morning Vinny was diagnose with this rare disease. His brain did not fully develope. WHY!!! Why my baby! I can't believe this. My baby...a rare disease. I never thought this would happen. But then who does.

Holoprosencephaly. This word has been replaying in my mind since the doctor told me. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around it. I immediatly got on the internet and searched this word....this rare disease. So many signs are present. The small head, the one front tooth, stiffness in the body. WHY MY BABY!!!

I cry when I think about it. WHY MY BABY!!! Will he walk? Will he talk? Will he play with his big brother Jake? Will he be normal? Will he have seizeures from this? What other problems could he have?...or will he have? WHY MY BABY!!! WHY!

Jake asks me why I am crying. He knows.....he knows its Vinny. I told him to love his brother. Take care of him and protect him. He said "Okay mamma."

How does one prepare themselves for the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment