Friday, March 12, 2010

Question of the day - My thoughts

I was on Facebook this morning and came across todays question of the day on Moms in Common.org.  The question of the day was: What is the most insensitive thing someone has said about you or your child?  You can view all the responses here  or I have posted a few of the most shocking responses below.

Patty Workman Vaughan  wrote: I had an ear doctor tell me when he was 4 months old to send him off and forget about him. Well, that was the last time we seen him and I reported him to the Medical Board. Now, we have the best year dr. in the world...Dr. Sporck.  


Paula Watson wrote: I had one dr. tell me she hates treating children like mine because they were such a waste of the system's time, money and effort. I was stunned how can someone say that about my beautiful boys. 
 
Ginger Bradshaw- Burr wrote: My mom called a friend of hers to ask for prayer after our son was born with multiple deformities and the friend said to my mom, " Well, I think he would be better off if he just died." My mom was speechless!
 
What is with this world today that people think they can say such heartless, insensitive comments.  I was absolutely floored that these words could come out of someones mouth.  God forbid, anybody ever says anything about my child or any other child in my presence; because I don't think I would be able to control myself and not respond back.  I truely hope these people thought about what they said after they said it realizing how terrible it was; and NEVER do that again.....especially the Dr's who think that a child with dissabilites or deformities are a waste of time and effort.  If I have learned anything since Vinny's diagnosis, it is that we are all here on this earth for a reason and NOBODY is a waste of time and effort!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment