Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day of Therapy.....1/4/10


Today was Vinnys very first day of Occupational Therapy.  I was actually very excited for today.  Anything that may help Vinny I am excited for.  For the most part it went very well.  Vinny is not a fan of other people holding or touching him...especially when mommy is in view; so needless to say there was also a lot of screaming going on. 

Our Therapists name is Heather.  She is such a wonderful women; so nice and caring.  I feel so blessed to have such great people working with Vinny along with one of the best Childrens Hospitals in the country.  Today Heather worked with Vinny on some stretches for his arms and neck along with some core strengthening.  I look forward to the day that he is doing them all on his own.  Patience...I know :)  For the rest of the week we are going to be practicing a lot.

Vinny will continue OT every week until May.  Hopefully he will start his Physical Therapy soon and we will be able to do both at the same time.

I will keep everyone posted as Vinny progresses with his therapy.

I'm posted a picture of my big brown eyed boy practicing sitting in his brothers snow tube!

No comments:

Post a Comment