Sunday, April 17, 2011

Piece of Mind

Tomorrow, Vinny starts attending a home daycare.  I've decided to put him in one once or twice a week so to have the much needed time I need to work on my school work as this semester finishes up.  I've also been in search of someone perfect for him so that when I do get a job, I am comfortable with where he his going.

I was referred to a home daycare by Vinny's Birth to 3 coordinator of a women who only accepts children with special needs.  The reason for this, is because she has a special needs child herself, and knows how hard it is to find someone that you can trust to care for your child the way we would care for them.

I met with Nikki last Tuesday and instantly felt comfortable knowing that Vinny would be in great hands.  Nikki and her husband remind me sooooo much of Tony and I, and she knows exactly what we go through because she went through it herself.

I also feel comfortable knowing that she has 12 years experience as a nurse, an early childhood education background, and has a love and compassion for special needs children too.

When we visited her home, Vinny was such a good boy, even with me sitting there.  He played with her daughter who is also the same age.  Not once did he want me to get him.  In fact, I think he didn't even want me to be there ;)

This will be a great fit.  I knew it from the moment I met her, and this certainly gives me piece of mind that he will be cared for appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment