Friday, April 8, 2011

Moments of Sadness Reply

I recently replied to a posting on our HPE Yahoo Support Group in regards to the moments of sadness we, as moms to special needs children, experience.  This is what I wrote:

I can completely relate to this. Based on the rest of these replies back, you certainly are not alone.

For me I call these moments 'Vinny Moments', because it is the times when I think about how things could have been. I have one trigger that gets me in my Vinny moment, and it is when I see my nephew, just two months older than Vinny, walking, talking, playing with his siblings, etc. To see this adorable little child, unfortunately, is a dagger in the chest for me. I'm reminded of the fact that Vinny will not be able to do those things. But I'm also reminded that he CAN do those things, but in his own way.



Every smile, every laugh, every attempt at crawling on the floor, every attempt at grabbing what it is he wants, and every day that he is on this earth, is a miracle. How many people can say that they live with or have lived with a miracle. We are SO LUCKY to have our special children, and I wouldn't change it for the world.


I've posted on my blog an entry called "wandering mind". Its about how I worry about the care for Vinny when I am gone. Again, it is something that I think about, and those thoughts and the thoughts of what could have been will never go away. I get through these moments because I find true comfort in knowing that I am not alone, and that I have a great group of moms and dads that can relate and provide support and encouraging words.

Thank you to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment